A Catholic Mother’s Companion to Pregnancy
My aim with this book is not to provide a Catholic version of What to Expect when You’re Expecting, but rather to provide another voice to guide women through pregnancy and to offer a unique perspective.
Order Your Copy Now!
Unlike other books on the market, A Catholic Mother’s Companion: Walking with Mary from Conception to Baptism begins at conception and includes a 40-week walk through each week of pregnancy, considering both physical and spiritual aspects of this time. It includes sections for preparing spiritually and practically for labor and delivery as well as baptism.
Through all of this, Mary is involved, and that’s really where the heart of the project is for me. As I struggled with feeling like the most ill-equipped person to write this book, it was the image of the Blessed Mother that was my encouragement.
Pregnancy is a lot like that for me: something that’s beautiful and terrifying and nearly impossible. It is my prayer that this book will touch many hearts and be a work of the Holy Spirit for families.
This is a PDF file of the press kit information. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact me at blog (at) snoringscholar <dot> com.
“Uncertainty, morning sickness, and anxiety suddenly turn to hope and direction in A Catholic Mother’s Companion to Pregnancy, which will comfort, guide, and inspire you during your pregnancy.”
“Sarah Reinhard combines insight and humor to create yet another must-have book for Catholic moms. Whether this is your first pregnancy or your tenth, you’ll find [this] to be an invaluable resource.”
“Never hesitating to explore both the challenges and the joys of this season of life, Reinhard has created the guide to pregnancy that Catholic women have been waiting for
“This book is a great journey companion for every Catholic mom-to-be—I sure wish I had it when I was pregnant with my four boys!”
Thanks to the following reviewers for their support of A Catholic Mother’s Companion to Pregnancy: Walking with Mary from Conception to Baptism.
- Catholic Woman
- The Garden Window
- Seven angels, four kids, one family
- The New Parents Guide
- Shoved to Them
- This That and the Other Thing
- Catholic San Francisco
- Through My “I”s
- Happy Catholic Bookshelf
- Amazing Catechists
- Young, Fun and Catholic!
- Plot Line & Sinker
- Reading Catholic
- Tiny Blue Lines
- Catholic Lane
- Barefoot and Pregnant
- Seasons of Grace
- ecclesia domestica
- The Backs of People’s Heads and Baby Faces
- Patti Maguire Armstrong at CatholicMom.com
- Lost in the Laundry Pile
- The Intelligent Catholic’s Guide
- Mary Zurolo at the National Catholic Register
- Lisa Hendey at CatholicMom.com
The Rosary Blog Tour:
- October 5 – CatholicMom.com – Introduction, Opening Prayers
- October 6 – The Anchoress – The Annunciation
- October 7 – Sound Mind & Spirit – The Visitation
- October 8 – Riparians at the Gate – The Nativity
- October 9 – Happy Catholic – The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
- October 10 – Random Acts of Momness – Finding Jesus in the Temple
- October 11 – Mommy Marginalia – Baptism in the Jordan
- October 12 – The Practicing Catholic – Wedding Feast at Cana
- October 13 – Shoved to Them – Proclamation of the Kingdom
- October 14 – Plot Line and Sinker – Transfiguration
- October 15 – Rosetta Stone – Institution of the Eucharist
- October 16 – The Kennedy Adventures – Agony in the Garden
- October 17 – Franciscan Mom – Scourging at the Pillar
- October 18 – Happy Little Homemaker – Crowning with Thorns
- October 19 – Scriptural Woman – Carrying the Cross
- October 20 – This Little Light – Crucifixion
- October 21 – Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference – Resurrection
- October 22 – Catholic Drinkie – Ascension
- October 23 – Karen Edmisten – Descent of the Holy Spirit
- October 24 – Scrutinies – Assumption of Mary
- October 25 – Wine Dark Sea – Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth
- October 26 – CatholicMom.com – Closing Prayers